Looking to help your fellow neighbors?
Join the Norfolk Volunteer Fire Department Today!
Print and fill out the Application Here
Applications can be dropped off in person at the firehouse any Monday evening between 6:30 and 8pm.
Membership Categories are:
- Active A - Fire Fighting personnel who shall respond to all
emergency and non-emergency calls when available. The member will be given one
year to enroll in a Fire Fighter I course and two years to pass the practical
test for FFI. Any candidate, who is currently FFI certified, must submit proof
of certification. Must be 18 years of age and pass an annual physical
- Active B - Non-interior fire fighting support personnel who shall
respond to all emergency and non-emergency calls when available. They shall have
specialized status and training such as driver, pump operator, equipment setup,
search and rescue, etc. They do not need be Fire Fighter I certified. Must be
18 years of age and pass an annual physical examination.
- General - Any candidate not desiring to become an Active A or B,
but wishes to assist with other duties on the scene of an emergency or
functions in house.
- Fire Police - Limited to the duties of fire police. Candidate will
complete required Fire Police course within one year of membership. Any
candidate, who is currently certified, must submit proof of certification. Fire
Police will be sworn in for duty by the Town Clerk. Must be 18 years of age and
pass an annual physical examination.
- Associate - Any candidate who is employed in the Town of Norfolk
and is in good standing in another Fire Department. Proof of Fire Fighter I
certification must be submitted. Must be 18 years of age and pass an annual
- Monthly Meetings are held the first Monday of every month at 7:30p
- Drills/Trainings are the 2nd, 3rd & 4th Mondays of every month at 6:30p
- Explorers meet on the first monday of every month at 5:00pm. Click Here for more info on the Explorer Program
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section for more info on the NVFD
Still Have Questions? Feel free to call the station or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and well get back to you. Station # 860-542-5021
|Membership Application.pdf||14.14 KB|