Looking to help your fellow neighbors?
Join the Norfolk Volunteer Fire Department Today!
Print and fill out the Application Here
Applications can be dropped off in person at the firehouse any Monday evening between 6:30 and 8pm.
Membership Categories are:
- Active A - Fire Fighting personnel who shall respond to all emergency and non-emergency calls when available. The member will be given one year to enroll in a Fire Fighter I course and two years to pass the practical test for FFI. Any candidate, who is currently FFI certified, must submit proof of certification. Must be 18 years of age and pass an annual physical examination.
- Active B - Non-interior fire fighting support personnel who shall respond to all emergency and non-emergency calls when available. They shall have specialized status and training such as driver, pump operator, equipment setup, search and rescue, etc. They do not need be Fire Fighter I certified. Must be 18 years of age and pass an annual physical examination.
- General - Any candidate not desiring to become an Active A or B, but wishes to assist with other duties on the scene of an emergency or functions in house.
- Fire Police - Limited to the duties of fire police. Candidate will complete required Fire Police course within one year of membership. Any candidate, who is currently certified, must submit proof of certification. Fire Police will be sworn in for duty by the Town Clerk. Must be 18 years of age and pass an annual physical examination.
- Associate - Any candidate who is employed in the Town of Norfolk and is in good standing in another Fire Department. Proof of Fire Fighter I certification must be submitted. Must be 18 years of age and pass an annual physical examination.
- Monthly Meetings are held the first Monday of every month at 7:00p
- Drills/Trainings are the 2nd, 3rd & 4th Mondays of every month at 6:30p
- Explorers meet on the first monday of every month at 6:30pm. Click Here for more info on the Explorer Program
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section for more info on the NVFD
Still Have Questions? Feel free to call the station or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you. Station # 860-542-5021